Saturday, May 25, 2013

It Don't Matter if You're Black or White

Jill left for Cambodia last night to meet up with our friend Diana and her sister, and I am leaving tomorrow for the first leg of a two week road trip.  I had all day Saturday to bach' it out, so naturally I went to McDonald's for lunch.  Now, you might remember my experience with the McCurry a while back....well McD's threw down the gauntlet again. This time, it's the Black and White burgers.



I ordered the Black burger without knowing what was on it.  Here's the description from the box the burger was served in:

Who says dark is dangerous?
Discover the dark side of flavor with our new mashed potato base burger smothered in truffle sauce, topped by two 100% beef patties and wrapped in a deep black squid ink bun and bacon.  Taste the black and unveil dark.

Besides the squid ink bun, this burger has a ton of great ingredients.  Mashed potatoes, bacon, truffle sauce...sign me up (I realize that none of the ingredients are actually what they say they are, but it sounds good).  Minus the bun this sounds like something that would do great in America.  Are they doing this in America?  Doesn't get much more 'Merican than bacon and mashed potatoes...

Anyway, the burger itself basically tasted like any other McDonald's burger.  And the bun was a normal bun with black food coloring.

So, I have tasted the black and luckily have not unveiled the dark in the bathroom....yet (it's only been about 15 minutes since I finished it though, so I better be careful).  Not going out of my way to try the white burger...

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend in the states.  I'm sure Jill will have lots to report from her trip to Cambodia, and hopefully I will after my trip as well!

Til Next Time,
Luke & Jill



No comments:

Post a Comment