Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What do you know? Another post about food

So just a quick one here, but today I had my first experience with some really authentic Chinese food.  I was visiting the property that Jill and I stayed at when we first arrived here in Hong Kong for a presentation, and they invited me to stay for lunch afterward.

When we sat down, my lovely hosts started looking at the menu, and asked me if there was anything I didn't eat.  I told them no - I'm up for anything.  Well, they brought the noise.

This is a picture of me eating chicken feet and beef intestine.



We also had chicken with fish maw (which I found out is an internal organ of larger fish that helps them with their buoyancy) and beef tendon.  They took a picture for me so I would have proof at my office that I ate this stuff.

You probably can't tell from picture, but I actually enjoyed the meal.  There were a lot of seasonings in each dish which I am sure helped, but all in all it was quite good!

Now I know that this meal isn't super, insane Indiana Jones monkey brain-type stuff, but I feel I really came full circle at the Hyatt Regency Sha Tin food-wise.  This was the place I had my first meal in Hong Kong, and if you recall I ordered room service and had pasta.  Now, I can say I've sampled a fish's internal flotation regulator.  Big thanks to Hyatt Regency Sha Tin for helping me broaden my culinary horizons!

Jill and I are off to Bali tomorrow. Vitamin D, here we come.

Til Next Time,
Luke & Jill


1 comment: