Friday, April 26, 2013

Our Apartment


Hello All!

Sorry it's been a while since the last post.  Jill and I have been busy since moving in to our place last week.  Not gonna lie, it's been a bit stressful (leaking kitchen sink, cleaning out disgusting filters in our 4 AC units, internet not working, trying to replace the lock on our mailbox, and as I am writing this Jill just discovered that our name is listed as DOYCE on the account for our electricity).  Hahaha....just the pains of moving!  Things like this would happen regardless of where you move, it just makes it more difficult being in a foreign country.  Alright I am done complaining.  I'm sitting on our couch watching Top Gun right now so that makes me feel better...



Here are some pictures of our place.  These are photos from the online listing...our place is a mess and I am too lazy to take my own pics. These will have to do for now until we can get our place straightened out.  We live on the 22nd floor of our building.  We have a terrace and a patio...the views aren't spectacular, but it is nice to be able to step outside for some fresh air.

Living Room

Patio off the Living Room

Kitchen/Hallway

Bedroom (2nd bedroom/office in background)

Closet off the Bedroom

Terrace off the Bedroom

And that's pretty much it!  Jill and I are still figuring out the best way to get to work.  We're finding taking the bus to the MTR station works well in the morning (about 35 mins door to door), and coming home we'll take the ferry across the harbor and catch a mini-bus home. It's pretty cool to take a boat home from work.

A random observation...On my way home from work Thursday night I saw a woman enthusiastically petting/caressing a pair of stray cats....that 'bout made me vomit.

Anyway, I think we're going to head out to Lamma Island tomorrow which is about an hour ferry ride away.  There's supposed to be a nice beach and great seafood.  It will be nice to get out of the city...hopefully the weather cooperates!  Running errands and doing more chores around the apartment today.

Til Next Time,
Luke & Jill








No comments:

Post a Comment